Banshee
the secure PHP framework

Forum

Can Banshee be use for e-commerce?

Fred
28 january 2016, 14:02
Hi,
I am trying to replace a wordpress e-commerce for something a lot more secure...
At first glance, Banshee has all the basic feature of wordpress..
So the question is, can Banshee be use for e-commerce?
If it can, then do you have a cart module or could you advise on how an ecommerce would be setup please?

Thank you
Fred
If yes what would you use for the cart ?
Hugo Leisink
28 january 2016, 14:15
Banshee is a Content Management Framework, which is a framework with ready to use modules. Although several of those modules form a CMS, Banshee should not be seen as a CMS. It might very likely require programming to suit your needs. The weblog however is quite functionaly if you ask me. Depending on your needs, Banshee might very well be a replacement for Wordpress. It has a weblog, static pages and the ability to upload files. Setting a new layout / design however still requires coding.

Banshee doesn't have webshop functionality, as a webshop is very likely very different for everybody.
Lee Davis
31 january 2016, 18:17
I'm REAAAAALLLLLYYYY diggin' the whole BansheeCMS web application and I'm on the fence in regards to frontend graphical manipulation. I'm no stranger to either XML, XSL, or XSLT (built a crude text-submission app using XSL Transformations a long while ago), but I'm wondering how trivial or difficult would it be to drop-in an HTML5/CSS3 template? It's definitely seeming a whole lot easier than trying to deal with the vagaries of CI (lol!). I'm anxiously awaiting a reply to this burning question, as I'd like to get on the road with this project ASAP. I pored over the documentation, but wasn't able to ascertain this question on my own. Thanks for this web app and PLEASE keep developing it. It's superior to a lot of stuff I've seen on the market in this last year. I do love the standard template that comes with it and wouldn't be averse to using it with a bit of customization if I wasn't able to achieve my original objective. Thanks again!
Hugo Leisink
31 january 2016, 20:10
Maybe I don't truly understand what you're asking, but what about changing views/banshee/layout_site.xslt to whatever you're looking for? What more than that do you need?

And what is CI? CodeIgniter?
Lee Davis
31 january 2016, 21:23
Hugo, thank you for answering so quickly (I appreciate it - says that you're serious about this project) - I read the documentation about how to change the layout, and I wasn't sure if I had to rewrite my HTML5/CSS3 templates into XML, but I confess I haven't had a play with the code yet - only the online demo (which is the thing swaying me to use this app). I'll do some personal investigation and then get back to you again if I'm stuck at some point. Yes, CI is Codeigniter. And I had a number of CI apps on-hand that I wanted to string together to give me the functionality I see in BansheeCMS. Thanks again for the quick response.
Message preview

The following BB-codes are available in a message:

• [b]Bold text[/b]
  • [center]Center text or imagen[/center]
  • [color=color name or #RGB code]Colored text[/color]
  • [i]Italic text[/i]
  • [img]Link to image[/img]
  • [right]Align text or image right[/right]
  • [s]Strike-through text[/s]
  • [size=pixelsize]Big or small text[/size]
  • [u]Underlined text[/u]
  • [url]Link to website[/url]