Banshee
the secure PHP framework

Forum

cms login works for one page after updating to new

chapchap70
4 october 2016, 02:15
I hesitate to post here sometimes because my lack of knowledge may cause me to bother the developer for stupid stuff. Hopefully this won't be a stupid question and this will be a useful post.

This isn't a new phenomenon but when I slide in a new instance of Banshee in ../var/www/banshee with ../var/www/(new)banshee, get it connecting to the database properly and otherwise get the website working, the cms has a different behavior when logging in.

I log in correctly as an administrator in the new instance of Banshee and get to "Website administration" page. Upon clicking any icon, I am taken to the login page again to view the page I want to get to. I can only go one page at a time before Banshee requires me to login again. After sliding the original Banshee back, the login works like it is supposed to and I can navigate without being required to login again.
Hugo Leisink
20 october 2016, 11:39
Did you also import the new database? (the file database/mysql.sql)
chapchap70
8 november 2016, 02:55
I lack understanding on how the database connections work. I didn't want to change the database because I reasoned that was where all the info about pages, menus, etc was stored.

I switched to the new database that came with 5.4 but of course all of my database info I worked on was gone and the starter Banshee PHP website appeared. This did not change the login behavior.

After I put the original database back, I tried to import the new database inside the original I had worked on. I did that wrong because the meshed database was now the banshee starter database. I did my backups wrong so that didn't work. The login behavior remains the same.

I will have to read all about mysql and how it relates to websites and start over. Not much loss except static pages I can copy over and the menus. Was trying to learn how to do dropdowns in bootstrap but haven't figured that out yet.

Trying to tackle too much at once.
Message preview

The following BB-codes are available in a message:

• [b]Bold text[/b]
  • [center]Center text or imagen[/center]
  • [color=color name or #RGB code]Colored text[/color]
  • [i]Italic text[/i]
  • [img]Link to image[/img]
  • [right]Align text or image right[/right]
  • [s]Strike-through text[/s]
  • [size=pixelsize]Big or small text[/size]
  • [u]Underlined text[/u]