Banshee
the secure PHP framework

Forum

Polls & Forms

s0ck3t
28 may 2010, 07:52
How do you delete existing polls, and change the forums?

Thanks,
S

Banshee version: 2.0
PHP version: latest
Webserver: Hiawatha 1.7
Hugo Leisink
28 may 2010, 12:23
Polls cannot be deleted. Forum messages can be changed via the forum administration module.
s0ck3t
30 may 2010, 08:17
I would like to change the default forums -- such as these...http://www.s0ck3t.com/forum.
Hugo Leisink
30 may 2010, 08:47
This is not a question.... What do you mean?
s0ck3t
30 may 2010, 23:27
Basically, how to I change the default forum sections, and how can I create new sections (i.e. the default sections are "Lorum ipsum", and "Sed posuere ")?

Thanks,
S
Hugo Leisink
30 may 2010, 23:54
You have to change it in the database. Use, for example, phpMyAdmin to do so. I know that it would be better to have an interface in Banshee for it, but since that's something you would probably do only once, I haven't given it a high priority yet. Maybe later

Remember that Banshee is a framework. A framework offers API's and require programming to add website functionality. The CMS is more like a bonus. If functionality is missing, you have to start programming. If you want a fully clickable website building tool, you have to use something like Joomla.
s0ck3t
31 may 2010, 10:18
Thanks Hugo!

BTW, no way I'm going to Joomla!

R/
S
s0ck3t
31 may 2010, 11:44
Hugo,

When I attempt to edit the forrums via phpmyadmin I get the following error. Any idea what I need to change, or configure to make it work?

-------------------------------
Error
There seems to be an error in your SQL query. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problem

ERROR: Unclosed quote @ 40
STR: `
SQL: SELECT * FROM `banshee`.`forums` WHERE \`forums\`.\`id\` = 1;

SQL query:

SELECT * FROM `banshee`.`forums` WHERE \`forums\`.\`id\` = 1;

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '\`forums\`.\`id\` = 1' at line 1
-------------------------------
Hugo Leisink
31 may 2010, 12:49
I see some backslashes appeared in the query. I have no idea why that is, I didn't create phpMyAdmin. Are you using the latest version of phpMyAdmin?
s0ck3t
31 may 2010, 13:03
Yes; latest for Ubuntu is v3.3.2.

I don't receive the same error accessing tables in other databases.
Hugo Leisink
31 may 2010, 13:23
Nevertheless, it's an error in phpMyAdmin. So, it's better to ask at their forum.
s0ck3t
31 may 2010, 13:26
will do; thanks!
s0ck3t
31 may 2010, 14:09
Hugo,

Figured out the problem. It has to do with Hiawatha's SQL Injection protection. If I disable protection (PreventSQLi = no) it works just fine. I guess for the time being I will have to change this setting on the fly when I need to make changes.

Thanks,
Mitch
Hugo Leisink
31 may 2010, 15:48
The Hiawatha manual clearly says that you should only use the PreventSQLi option for non-PHP scripts only, since PHP already has the same kind of protection. If you still enable it (which you did) the protection is done twice. Next time, RTFM!
s0ck3t
31 may 2010, 20:51
Manual? What's that?
Message preview

The following BB-codes are available in a message:

• [b]Bold text[/b]
  • [center]Center text or imagen[/center]
  • [color=color name or #RGB code]Colored text[/color]
  • [i]Italic text[/i]
  • [img]Link to image[/img]
  • [right]Align text or image right[/right]
  • [s]Strike-through text[/s]